"The more lithium batteries are discharged, the greater the loss," said Tom Hartley, a professor of electronic engineering at the University of Akron who helps NASA research and extend battery life. Lithium battery is in the middle of the state of electricity, so the battery life is long. "
First of all, the high and low power state has a negative impact on the life of lithium battery, while the number of charge and discharge cycles is secondary. In fact, most of the rechargeable times marked on the selling appliances or batteries are based on 80% discharge. Experiments show that for some laptop lithium batteries, the battery voltage often exceeds the standard voltage by 0.1V, i.e. from 4.1V to 4.2V, then the battery life will be halved, and then increased by 0.1V, then the life will be reduced to one third of the original; for long-term low power or no power state, then It will cause more and more resistance to the movement of electrons in the battery, so the battery capacity will become smaller. NASA has set the power consumption of its Hubble Space Telescope battery at 10% of the total capacity to ensure that the battery can be recharged and discharged 100000 times without updating.
Secondly, temperature also has a great impact on the life of lithium battery (cell phones and other small electronic devices can ignore this point). The environment below freezing point may burn the lithium battery at the moment when the electronic products are opened, while the overheated environment will reduce the capacity of the battery. Therefore, if the external power supply is used for a long time and the battery is not removed, the battery will be in the high heat discharged from the notebook for a long time. What's more, the battery will be in the state of 100% power for a long time and will be discarded soon.
From the above lithium battery home, the following precautions can be summarized to ensure the capacity and life of lithium battery:
At present, most of the batteries of electronic products use lithium battery. Since the lithium-ion battery came out in 1990, because of its excellent performance, it has been rapidly developed and widely used in the society, so the lithium battery manufacturers have also got large-scale development. You don't need to charge the lithium battery to 100% full power, let alone run out of power. If circumstances permit, try to keep the battery capacity near the half full state, the smaller the charging and discharging range, the better;
The factory design of the general purpose Chevy Volt Electric vehicle is to force the battery power to be maintained between 20% and 80%, and the built-in battery of Apple's laptop may also use this method (including some other laptop and electronic products) to increase the number of battery charging and discharging cycles.
Do not use the lithium battery (especially the notebook lithium battery) for a long time when the external power supply is used. Even if your laptop has good heat dissipation, 100% of the electricity in the long run is equivalent to the murder of lithium battery.
1. If you use the external power supply for a long time to power your laptop, or the battery capacity has exceeded 80%, you need to remove the battery of your notebook immediately and charge it at ordinary times without filling it up to about 80%; adjust the power option of the operating system, adjust the power alarm to above 20%, and the battery capacity at ordinary times should not be lower than 20%, and charge before it drops to 20%;
2. For small electronic devices such as mobile phones, the power cord (including USB interface of charging function) should be disconnected immediately after charging, and the battery will be damaged all the time; to charge frequently, you need to remember to charge, but you don't have to fully charge the battery;
3. No matter for notebook or mobile phone, do not let the battery run out;
4. If you want to travel, fill up the battery, but please remember to charge the appliance at any time when conditions permit. For the battery life, do not wait until the battery is dry.
email@example.com,) manufacture and sell:
1. Resistance micro battery spot welder,
E-bike battery pack welder, Power tool battery pack welder, Drill battery spot
welder, Self balancing scooters battery pack welder, battery pack welder,
Battery tabs spot welder, Battery nickel strips welder, Battery testing
equipment, 18650, 26650, CR2032 battery cells, lithium battery, AAA battery,
D-cell battery, Ni-MH battery, Ni-CD battery, battery welding pure nickel
strips and tabs, battery accessories. etc.